Board Meeting

Posted by rfay
Meeting Date: 
Thursday, June 4, 2015 - 19:00

The quarterly board meeting of the Montclair Drive HOA was held June 4, 2015.

Present: Board members Sandie Cooper, Randy Fay, Tim Laudick, Dan Bollig, Ray Musser, Nancy Lewis, and community members Wilma and Jack Harbin, Christie Musser.

President Sandie Cooper called the meeting to order at 7:07pm.

Unfinished Business

  1. Financial Report (attached)

    The board reviewed the financial reports and detailed expenditure reports. There was some confusion about how to correlate the expenditures with the budget. The board asked Randy Fay to contact Tanya Hawkins, treasurer, to request a profit/loss statement which include budget vs actual.

    At this point the discussion led into landscaping concerns, since most of the budget items were landscaping items.

    • The pond was dredged this year. Costs to Ed Stehlin for pond dredging and repair of the irrigation system were higher than expected.
    • Ray and Christie Musser did the shrub trimming at lower than budgeted cost. (thanks!)
  2. Notice board was installed and new light for the "Montclair" sign at the end of the street was installed, both by Dan Bollig. Thanks!
  3. Bylaws Amendments: Randy has still not filed the March 2014 amendments to our bylaws with the county clerk. He agreed to get a move on.
  4. Alleyway Asphalt Work: Randy said he had not heard from Rainbow Valley Asphalt about a date for the alleyway asphalt repair, but would ping them. (Note: Asphalt repairs were completed Monday, June 8, 2015.)
  5. Broken Street Light: The street light on the west side of the street has long been broken. Dan Bollig agreed to contact Excel Energy about repair. (Note: Repair of the streetlight was done on Monday, June 8, 2015).
  6. Combination Locks: Several places in the HOA will have combination locks on them to prevent casual tampering. The combination to all of them is 8152 (first four digits of our zipcode.
  7. Tailwater Issues: Ray Musser reported that he talked to Frank Watt, town engineer, and that the tailwater source remains blocked in the same short-term fashion as previous years.

New Business

  1. HOA regulation compliance: Sandie will get herself on the required mailing lists and pass onto the board important information from the state about HOA regulatory compliance.
  2. Architectural Committee: Discussion was held about how HOA members can go about making architectural changes. Members who want to make changes to their property present a plan to the Board, which then reviews and usually approves.

The next HOA board meeting will be held Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 848 Montclair Drive, Palisade, CO 81526. All are invited.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:51pm.

Action Items:

  • Randy will arrange irrigation walkthrough with Ray, other board members, Todd, etc, so that more people know how everything works.
  • Randy will add HOA contact information, including urgent irrigation issues, to the message board, the website, and will ask Tanya to include this on future billings. (Dan Bollig volunteered to be the main contact point for urgent issues about landscaping.)
  • Randy will find out how to file the Bylaws and Covenant amendments with the county clerk.
  • Dan Bollig will contact Excel Energy about the nonfunctional streetlight.
  • Tim Laudick will provide accurate plats of the subdivision to Randy, who will put them on the website. The ones currently on the website were not the final plats.

Submitted by Secretary Randy Fay, June 9, 2015.