Board Meeting, November 11, 2010

Posted by rfay
Meeting Date: 
Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 19:00

1. Board members present were John Baker, Renee Edel, Sandie Cooper, Walt Smith and Randy Fay. Vickie Miller the Treasurer was also present.


2. John Baker called the meeting to order at 7pm. The minutes from the Board meeting on 8/19/2010 were read and approved.


3. Vickie reported that all members are current on their membership dues. We have $7119.73 in checking and $7000.00 in reserves. Vickie informed the Board that our Quick Books is outdated. Randy and Vickie will meet and look at options. Vickie will let the Board know what is needed.


4. John updated the Board on the ongoing challenges of the pump/irrigation system. He is meeting with Rex this Saturday to schedule the pond dredging. Access for dredging continues to be a serious problem. The issue of pond access needs to be addressed at the Annual Meeting in February. The Board also discussed the need for the HOA to be prepared financially to replace the motor and pond liner in the future.


5. The sidewalk repair was not completed this summer because the Board wanted to combine their repairs with Ruth Young’s sidewalk addition to save money. Ruth is still looking for more bids when we last spoke to her. Bids have been difficult to acquire.


6. John presented the Board with Todd Coffin’s landscape maintenance contract for 2011. The bid increased $500.00 because of increased fertilizer cost. The contract does not cover pruning so the 2011 Budget will reflect this additional expense. Randy made a motion and Walt 2nd to approve the contract. The motion passed unanimously. The Board also passed unanimously the motion to hire Ed Stehlin for the irrigation upkeep for 2011.


7. John informed the Board of Michael Horn’s proposal to build a fence/barrier to stop our irrigation water from mudding up his access road to his vineyard. This would be located behind units 820 through 837, on the east side of the development. This would benefit the HOA because it would keep more of our water on our lawns. Mr. Horn would like the HOA to pay for 50% of the expense, which would be approximately $200.00 - $400.00. The Board decided this would be a good decision, however we would need to inform the members whose units would be directly affected. It was decided that this notification would come in a form of a letter with a ‘notice to respond’ included.


8. Randy made a motion and Renee 2nd to increase the HOA dues by 10% as allowed by the Covenants made effective the start of 2nd quarter 2011. The motion passed unanimously. The 2011 Proposed Budget was finalized for the Annual/Budget meeting on 2/13/11.


9. The next meeting is the Annual/Budget Meeting on 2/13/11. The meeting will be held at 4:00pm at Cathy O’Shana’s home at 865 Montclair Drive. The meeting was adjourned at 9:15pm.

(Pending final approval at the next HOA Board Meeting)