Meeting Minutes


Board Meeting

27 Mar 2015
Posted by thawkx4
March 26, 2015 - 9:30pm

Board meeting called to order at 9:30 pm

Randy read December board meeting minutes

Board approved minutes

Randy discussed filing amendments with the state

Pond dredging has been done by Ed

Next board meeting scheduled for June 4th at 7:00 pm

meeting adjourned at 9:34 pm

Annual Member Meeting

27 Mar 2015
Posted by thawkx4
March 26, 2015 - 7:30pm

meeting called to order by Randy Fay board member at 7:36 pm.

attending:

Randy Fay 848 board member
Ruth Young 872
Tim Laudick 844
Christi and Ray 866 Landscape comittee
Tanya Hawkins 861 treasurer
Sandie Cooper 832 board member
Denny Wagner 860 board member
nancy lewis 848 board member and vP
andrew anderson 868
dan bollig 864
jack and wilma 857

financials end of year 2014
checking balance $6845.37
savings balance $29,376.18

questions regarding last years budget, Ray concerned about over budget on contracted landscape and some expenses are allocated
incorrectly

the board agreed to accept last years financials

current status

checking $16106
savings $29376.18

nancy purchased message board for HoA Randy asked nancy to check with post master regarding message board

2015 proposed budget
big budget line item is asphalt work on street behind west units, pot holes and low spots, $5350.
Ruth Young asked about curb and gutter that ajoins asphalt and the board will bring that upk when the work is discussed
with the contractor, Rainbow valley asphalt

Board Meeting

22 Oct 2014
Posted by Teri Cardell
September 18, 2014 - 7:00pm

Attendees: Teri & Bill Cardell, Sandy Cooper, Randy Fay, Don Krueger and Nancy Lewis

Treasurer's report: [edit] Attached.

Board

24 Jun 2014
Posted by Teri Cardell
June 12, 2014 - 7:00pm

Board Meeting

13 Mar 2014
Posted by rfay
March 14, 2014 - 7:00pm

Attendees: Bill and Teri Cardell, Sandy Cooper, Rene Edel, Randy Fay, Nancy Lewis, Ray Musser and Jack and Wilma Harbin.

Board Officers/Members:  Sandy Cooper, Don Krueger and Nancy Lewis were nominated to be Board members. Outgoing officers, Randy Fay and Ray Musser, agreed to remain on the Board.  The new officers will be Teri Cardell as President, Nancy Lewis as Vice President, Tanya Hawkins as Treasurer and Bill Cardell as Secretary.

Treasurer’s report: The report, as presented at the annual meeting, was again reviewed and is attached as part of these minutes.  

Landscaping:  Renee Edel volunteered to manage the landscaping contracts. A contract has been signed with Todd Coffin @ $55/per hour and with Ed Stahlin @ $40 per hour. Todd will be told to let Rene Edel know when he has reached $1600 in landscaping charges.  We will again trade non-mowing weeks for pruning time. 

$17,080 has been budgeted for landscape maintenance. Shrub trimming estimate: $2500 / $1600 is budgeted for 2014. Grub treatment contract: $850 (is not in the budget, but is being added into the 2014 budget). Sprinkler/Irrigation work will be done at $55/per hour with no contract. ($3000 is budgeted).

Ed Stahlin will dredge the pond this year for $750 - $800. The bid by Ed for the repair work to be done in the common area by Jack and Wilma Harbin’s house is $4080, but the original Xeriscape design was changed to remove the high point in the common area, add a swale and maintain grass in the common area. It was agreed the work needs to be done; a budget of $5K was approved. The bid by Ed for the repair to the landscaping by Walt and Carol Smith’s house is $2575; a budget of $2K was approved.

The fence around the retention pond needs to be repaired. Nancy Lewis will purchase sealant and a sprayer; Ray Musser volunteered to do the work.

Parking complaints: Complaints have been received by HOA residents concerning on-street parking in front of # 837 and # 835. Randy will call the owners to discuss the problem/resolve the issue.

To do project: Randy will send a list of member’s names that need to be updated with phone number and email addresses to Ray Musser to update the HOA’s spreadsheet.

Next meeting: June 12th at 7 pm at the house of Randy Fay and Nancy Lewis (# 848).

Meeting adjourned at 9:10 pm.

 

2014 Annual Meeting

03 Mar 2014
Posted by Teri Cardell
March 2, 2014 - 4:30pm

Meeting commenced at 4:20 p.m.

Board Meeting

13 Dec 2013
Posted by Teri Cardell
December 12, 2013 - 7:00pm

Board Meeting

17 Sep 2013
Posted by Teri Cardell
September 12, 2013 - 7:00pm

Attendees: Randy Fay, Tanya Hawkins, Ray Musser, Bill and Teri Cardell

OLD BUSINESS:

1) The HOA's landscaper, Todd said it will cost approximately $500 - $600 to fix Jack & Wilma Harbin's low spot in the fall.

2) Ruth Young wants replacement bushes. Ray will ask Todd to take care of this.

3) Ray will obtain bids from both Todd and Ed to provide a non-grass landscape and will review the bids with Walt Smith. We have the funds to complete the work if it can be done this year. If the work cannot be done in 2013, the funds will be saved in the budget for 2014.

4) The HOA agreed to have both Todd and Ed make repairs as they see need to be completed, but if the cost is going to exceed $100, they are to contact Ray to obtain authorization.

5) The plans we left with Merrit will be retrieved by Randy and we will try to find another vendor. A letter will be prepared to present to Rich Sales (we want to collaborate with the Town of Palisade to repair the drainage ditch) and we expect to spend some money toward the repair.

NEW BUSINESS:

1) The Treasurer's report was read and accepted. See attachments.

2) Susan Lasley resigned from the Board.

Board Meeting

16 Jun 2013
Posted by Teri Cardell
June 13, 2013 - 7:00pm

The Montclair Drive HOA Board of Directors met June 13, 2013 at Randy Fay’s house. The meeting was called to order at 7:03 pm. Board members present were: Bill and Teri Cardell, Tanya Hawkins, Randy Fay, Ray Musser and Denny Wagener. Also present were residents Wilma & Jack Harbin and Ruth Young.

Old business (Action items from last Board Meeting):

  1. Randy will contact the attorney to arrange for an update of our Bylaws and Covenant, as approved by the membership at the annual meeting: Update: This is on Randy’s “to-do” list.
  2. Randy will ask Teri and Sandy if they were able to get the thank-you sent to John and Vicky. Update: A thank you gift containing a variety of dried fruits from Alida’s and a bottle of wine from Mesa Park vineyards was sent to Vickie Miller and John Baker.
  3. This year we should add a line item for landscape improvement. Update: This was done.
  4. Tanya will make sure that Vicky's signing authority is removed at the bank. Update: This was done.
  5. Tanya will teach Teri the Secretary duties. Update: This was done.
  6. Denny will make sure the concrete waste behind 872 is gone. Update: This was done.

HOA Board Meeting

20 Mar 2013
Posted by rfay
March 14, 2013 - 7:00pm

The Montclair Drive HOA Board of Directors met March 14, 2013. The meeting was called to order about 7:00pm. Board members Tanya Hawkins, Denny Wagener, and Randy Fay were present. Ray Musser arrived later and resident Nancy Lewis was in attendance for part of the meeting.  Since the Secretary was not present, Randy took notes.

 

Posted by thawkx4
February 17, 2013 - 4:00pm

Randy Fay brought the meeting to order at approximately 4:30 pm. Attendees were Denny Wagner Sandy Cooper,Randy Fay, Nancy Lewis, Tanya Hawkins, Ruth Fitzgerald, Ellie N., Ruth Young, Renea Edel, Bill & Terri Cardell and Carolyn Pressler.
Randy went through the line items on the 2013 proposed budget. Ruth Young was concerned about the excess water wasted on watering and suggested that Todd continue doing the landscape and also take care of the irrigation to possibly monitor water usage better. The board will discuss how to better communicate landscape concerns to Todd. Members agreed to add a $600 line item for tree trimming which will come from the reserve fund. Tanya will look up who did work for us in the past and check on the cost. Renea will find a business to trim the trees and she will trim some of the smaller trees.
The HOA reserve fund will soon reach the initial goal of having one years worth of expenses saved. Ruth Fitzgerald will research if that is a resonable amount to have in reserve.
Members agreed that we should have the bylaws & covenance reviewed by an attorney since it has been almost 6-7 years since they were written.

HOA Board Meeting

14 Jan 2013
Posted by thawkx4
December 13, 2012 - 7:00pm

Montclair HOA Board Meeting
12/13/2012
The meeting was brought to order by President, Randy Fay at approximately 7:00 pm. Board members in attendance were as follows: Duke Cox, Randy Fay, Terry & Bill Cardell, Denny Wagner, Tanya Hawkins, Susan Lasley and Ray Musser. Other HOA residents in attendance were: John Baker, Vicki Miller and Nancy Lewis.
Vicki gave the treasurers report (attached). No HOA members were past due. Checking account balance was at $9,479.63 and $17,100.34 in reserve. The goal for the reserve fund is approximately 1 year worth of dues collected. Vicki will be moving $6,220 to the reserve fund from the checking account. The board unanimously approved the treasures report. Vicki is resigning her treasures duties and Tanya Hawkins will be taking over the treasurers duties. The secretary position will need to be replaced as soon as possible.

Board Meeting

05 Oct 2012
Posted by thawkx4
September 20, 2012 - 7:00pm

Thursday 9/20/12

Randy Fay called the meeting to order at 7:14 pm. In attendance are Renee Edel, Randy Fay, Ray Musser, Tanya Hawkins, Vicki Miller, Susan Lasley and Bill and Teri Cardell. The board minutes from July 14th, 2012 were read and approved by the board.
Discussion began on the irrigation line that is now seeping through the ground onto HOA land west of Mike Horn’s property. The board discussed the options to alleviate the problem immediately and what long term solutions might be. Legal action could be too long term. Frank Watt with the city did a utility locate for the subdivision. Randy discovered that the water flow coming up at Ellie’s does correlate with water in the drain across hwy. Ray and Randy brought up the possibility that the water could also be coming from other sources. The board discussed stopping the water flow into the grate across the hwy and waiting a period of time to see if that would pin point the source. Ray made a motion to block the irrigation in cooperation with the town and the board agreed. The board also agreed to do a drain test before contacting an attorney.

Board Meeting

20 Jun 2012
Posted by thawkx4
June 14, 2012 - 7:00pm

The meeting was called to order at 7:14 pm by Randy Fay. Board members in attendance were Randy Fay, Ray Musser, Tanya Hawkins and Duke Cox. Also in attendance were HOA members Vicki Miller (Treasurer), John Baker, Nancy Lewis, Ruth Young and potential new board member Susan Lasley.
John showed the board members a few areas of concern around the subdivision.
1. Erosion at the retaining wall at the drainage site along with debris prohibiting proper drainage.
2. Several dead trees in the common area. Possible replacement ideas included red wood trees or Susan suggested blue ash. John was given the information that it will cost approximately $250 for tree removal and the board has already budgeted for this expense in landscape replacement.
3. There are some bushes at Cathy O’Shana’s residence that is obstructing sidewalks and visibility issues to the south of her driveway. John suggested removing the bushes while other members thought major trimming may solve the problem.
4. Dry spots in the grass north of 857, 847 and at 837.

Posted by rfay
March 22, 2012 - 8:00pm

 The meeting on March 22 did not get a quorum. The following email was sent out to the board to replace it:

OK, So this email will have to do for our meeting for this past quarter.

Posted by thawkx4
February 12, 2012 - 4:00pm

Ray Musser called the meeting to order in place of President Randy Fay who arrived shortly after the start of the meeting. Board members present were Denny Wagner, Tanya Hawkins, Ray Musser, Sandie Cooper, Duke Cox and Walt Smith.
Vicki Miller gave the treasurers report and there is $15,002 in the bank.
The board approved unanimously to approve the meeting minutes from the previous annual meeting.
John Baker informed the members that Columbine landscaping quote for the current budget year had an increase of 5%. The board anticipated an increase on the annual budget.
Two board members will need to be replaced this year. The members to replace are Sandie Cooper and Walt Smith. Due to the lack of members in attendance Sandie Cooper nominated Bill or Terri Cardell and Vickie Miller nominated Jacob Clark. They will contact the members to inquire about their interest in joining the board.
Ruth Young asked about acquiring a copy of the covenants. It was agreed that other than specifics regarding board members all covenant rules have remained the same.

Board Meeting

12 Jan 2012
Posted by thawkx4
December 15, 2011 - 7:00pm
  1. Board meeting was called to order by President Randy Fay at approximately 7:08 pm. Board members in attendance were Randy Fay, Tanya Hawkins, Ray Musser, Duke Cox, Denny Wagner, Sandie Cooper. Also present was Vickie Miller (treasurer) and resident John Baker.
Posted by thawkx4
September 22, 2011 - 7:00pm
  1. Board members present were Randy Fay, Duke Cox, Tanya Hawkins, Denny Wagner and Ray Musser. Also present were Treasurer, Vicki Miller, resident John Baker and subdivision neighbor Michael Horn. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm. Randy Fay thanked the HOA for a successful block party.
Posted by thawkx4
June 23, 2011 - 7:00pm
  1. Board members present were Duke Cox, Randy Fay, Sandy Cooper, Tanya Hawkins, Denny Wagner, and Ray Musser. Also present was Vicki Miller, treasurer but not a board member and resident John Baker. Randy Miller called the meeting to order at 7:10 pm. Duke Cox read the minutes from March 24, 2011 Board Meeting. Duke Cox made a motion to approve the minutes and Sandy Cooper 2nd and the minutes were approved unanimously.
  2. Vicki Miller gave the treasurers report. We have $10,815.28 in checking and $7,048.58 in the reserve account. One member is overdue but Vicki is confident that he will become current. Randy Fay suggested that we move $5,000 from the checking account to the reserve account annually and leave a minimum of $4,000 in the checking account to cover current expenses. Vicki Miller reminded the board members that two of the previous check signers were no longer on the board and that at least 1 or 2 board members would need to sign signature cards at Grand Valley bank. John Baker and Renee Edel (previous board members) would need to be removed. Vicki Miller will also set up our checking and reserve accounts online to make transfer of funds more convenient.

Pages